- 1 cup farro wheat*
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Meyer lemon zest (from about 4 lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled sheep's-milk or other creamy feta cheese
- 2/3 cup mild green olives such as Lucques, cut away from pit in 3 pieces
- calories 212
- caloriesfromfat 43 %
- protein 6.2 g
- fat 10 g
- satfat 2.8 g
- carbohydrate 25 g
- fiber 4.3 g
- sodium 363 mg
- cholesterol 11 mg
How to Make It
Bring 4 cups salted water to a boil and stir in farro. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook farro until just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and spread out on a rimmed baking sheet to cool and dry a bit, about 5 minutes.
Whisk oil, lemon juice and zest, pepper, and parsley together in a medium bowl. Stir in feta, olives, and cooked farro.
*Find at well-stocked grocery stores or order online from bluebirdgrainfarms.com
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.