Farmstand Herb Bread Salad
- 12 ounces country-style Italian bread, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 tomatoes, seeded and cut into large pieces
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large roasted yellow bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- Divide bread evenly between 2 baking sheets. Bake at 350º for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
- Combine garlic and next 5 ingredients in a food processor; pulse 5 to 6 times or just until chopped, stopping to scrape down sides. Add oil and vinegar, and pulse until combined.
- Combine bread, tomato, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; add dressing, and toss well. Let salad stand, covered, at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads