- 12 ounces country-style Italian bread, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 tomatoes, seeded and cut into large pieces
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large roasted yellow bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
How to Make It
Divide bread evenly between 2 baking sheets. Bake at 350º for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
Combine garlic and next 5 ingredients in a food processor; pulse 5 to 6 times or just until chopped, stopping to scrape down sides. Add oil and vinegar, and pulse until combined.
Combine bread, tomato, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; add dressing, and toss well. Let salad stand, covered, at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.