Farmhouse Chicken Noodle Soup
The whole family loves it and requests it often. Most delicious soup I've ever had!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 pound(s) Chicken thighs
- 2 - 32 oz box(es) Low sodium, fat free Chicken broth
- 1 - 32 oz box(es) Low sodium, fat free Chicken broth
- 3 cup(s) Celery, Chopped
- 1 cup(s) Onion, Chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) Fresh parsley, Chopped
- 6 Carrots, Chop into 1inch pieces
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dried Majoram leaves
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Pepper
- 1 12ounce pkg frozen egg noodles
- Put chicken and 2 boxes of broth in large pot. Cover, cook over medium high heat for10 minutes. Add vegetables and all remaining ingredients EXCEPT noodles. Cover; cook over medium high heat until chicken is fork tender (20-25 minutes). Remove chicken pieces; add noodles. Return to a full boil, skimming off fat during cooking. (Some herbs will be removed.) Meanwhile, remove chicken from bone and cut into desired size.. Reduce heat to low. Add chicken. Continue cooking until noodles are tender (20-25 minutes). Remove bay leaves. You will need the extra box of broth for the leftovers. The noodles soak up the broth while they are in the refrigerator.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Paparazzi and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note