Farmhouse Chicken Bake
- 1 8-oz. pkg. elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium-low heat, cook onions in one tablespoon melted butter for one minute. Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk and broth, cooking and stirring until slightly thickened. Stir in chicken, seasonings, cheese, peas and bacon. Mix in macaroni.
- Spoon into a greased 3-quart casserole dish. Combine bread crumbs with remaining butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes