Farmers Market Vegetable Salad
- 1/2 pound fresh wax beans or green beans, trimmed
- 2 medium ears fresh corn, with corn cut from cob and cobs discarded
- 1/3 cup fresh shelled peas
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes or teardrop tomatoes
- 4 medium radishes, trimmed and sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- Spicy Almonds (recipe below)
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup prepared red wine or balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 cups fresh salad greens such as arugula or watercress
- Fill a medium saucepan with 2 inches of water, and place a steamer insert inside. Bring to a boil, and add beans. Steam, covered, for 3 minutes, then add corn and peas, and steam 2 minutes more, or until beans are tender-crisp. Let cool. Combine in a large bowl with tomatoes, radishes, shallots, almonds and feta. Dress with prepared vinaigrette and serve on salad greens.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat 1 tablespoon unsalted butter in a small skillet. As butter melts, stir in 1/8 teaspoon chili powder and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Stir in 1/4 cup roughly chopped almonds. Spread almonds on a baking sheet lined with foil, and bake 10 to 15 minutes, until fragrant. Let cool before placing on salad.
Nutrition information per serving:
Calories 198, Cholesterol 14 mg, Total fat 12 g, Fiber 6 g, Saturated 3.8 g, Calcium 92 mg, Monounsaturated 4.1 g, Magnesium 55 mg, Polyunsaturated 3 g, Sodium 407 mg, Carb 20 g, Potassium 388 mg, Protein 6 g, Vitamin E 3 mg
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note