One of my favorite meals!
Grilled Farmers' Market Sandwiches
The stack of grilled eggplant, red onion, and zucchini are quite a mouthful but still tasty to eat.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 33 Minutes
- Calories: 386
- Fat: 16.2g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 15.8g
- Carbohydrate: 45.5g
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 670mg
- Calcium: 249mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices eggplant
- 2 (1/2-inch-thick) slices red onion
- 1 large zucchini, cut lengthwise into 4 pieces
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 4 (2 1/2-ounce) ciabatta bread portions, cut in half horizontally
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1-ounce) slices provolone cheese, halved
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 8 basil leaves
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
- 2. Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil evenly over both sides of eggplant, onion, and zucchini. Sprinkle with rosemary, pepper, and salt.
- 3. Combine 1 tablespoon oil and vinegar in a bowl. Brush vinegar mixture over cut sides of bread.
- 4. Place onion on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 6 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from grill, and separate into rings. Grill eggplant and zucchini 4 minutes on each side or until tender. Cut zucchini pieces in half crosswise.
- 5. Place bread, cut sides down, on grill rack; grill 2 minutes. Remove from grill. Place 1 piece of cheese on bottom halves bread portions; top each serving with 1 eggplant slice, 1 tomato slice, 1 basil leaf, 2 pieces zucchini, one-fourth of onion rings, 1 eggplant slice, 1 tomato slice, 1 basil leaf, 1 piece of cheese, and top half of bread. Place sandwiches on grill rack; grill 2 minutes, covered, or until cheese melts.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes