The eggplant is especially delicious and flavorful in this recipe. I replaced the fennel with a sliced onion (fennel is hard to find where I live). This made enough vegetables to cover two pizzas, so I froze half and used it a few weeks later. It was still just as delicious as the day I made it!
Farmers' Market Roasted Vegetables
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°. Toss together first 7 ingredients in a bowl until coated. Spread eggplant mixture in a single layer in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until vegetables are tender and slightly charred, stirring halfway through. Let cool slightly (about 10 minutes). Toss with basil and vinegar. Serve immediately. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This