Perfect summer salad. I might use a little less lemon and a little more balsamic, because I love the taste of the balsamic.
Farmers' Market Pasta Salad
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Heather Chadduck
Cook the pasta al dente (1 or 2 minutes shorter than package directions specify) so it holds its shape when tossed with the vegetables and vinaigrette. Ripe for riffs, the salad is also delicious with cheese-filled tortellini.
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 2 cups halved baby heirloom tomatoes
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup diced firm, ripe fresh peaches (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Parmesan Vinaigrette
- 1 (8-oz.) package penne pasta*
- 2 cups shredded smoked chicken (about 10 oz.)
- 1/3 cup torn fresh basil
- 1/3 cup torn fresh cilantro
- 1. Toss together first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, and let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions. Add hot cooked pasta and chicken to tomato mixture; toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving platter, and top with basil and cilantro.
- *1 (20-oz.) package refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note