Farmers' Market Greens
"These are not your typical Southern-style greens cooked for hours with bacon fat, but they're still Southern with the diced turnip. You can use most any mix of greens--Swiss chard, mustard, beet, turnip, kale--the more, the better." --Marcie Cohen Ferris.
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 50 minutes.
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound fresh kale, washed and stems removed
- 1 pound fresh mustard greens, washed and stems removed
- 1 pound fresh turnip greens, washed and stems removed
- 1 turnip, peeled and diced
- 1 (32-ounce) container chicken broth
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot or saucepan over low heat. Add onion, and sauté about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2. Add kale and next 6 ingredients. Reduce heat to very low, cover, and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until greens and turnip are tender. Uncover, drizzle greens with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and cook 3 minutes. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note