- 1 (2 1/2- to 3-pound) broiler-fryer, cut and skinned
- 1 small cabbage, finely shredded
- 12 large tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups frozen cut okra
- 2 (17-ounce) cans whole kernel corn, undrained
- 3 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
How to Make It
Combine chicken with remaining ingredients in a large Dutch oven, stirring well; cover and simmer 1 hour.
Remove soup mixture from heat; set aside. Remove chicken from mixture; cool. Remove chicken from bones; chop meat into bite-size pieces.
Return chopped chicken to soup mixture. Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally, before serving.