- 6 ounces uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small zucchini (about 6 ounces), cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices then stacked and cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup canned small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 24 small curls Parmesan cheese removed with a vegetable peeler (1 1/2 ounces)
- calories 317
- fat 11 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 6 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 13 g
- carbohydrate 42 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 9 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 345 mg
- calcium 163 mg
How to Make It
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in zucchini, salt, and pepper; cook until the zucchini begins to soften (2-3 minutes), stirring frequently. Stir in the bell pepper and beans; cook until bell pepper is softened (about 2 minutes), stirring frequently.
Add pasta to skillet; cook until heated through (about 2 minutes), stirring constantly. Transfer the pasta to bowls; top with Parmesan curls. Serve immediately.