Great for quick week night meal or for many people. I always make it for the family at or summer vacation at the cabin with limited time, hungry people, and limited resources.
Farfalle with Turkey Sausage, Leeks, and Broccoli Rabe
Slightly sweet, mild leeks and turkey sausage balance the characteristic bitter flavor of broccoli rabe. Blanch the rabe as the recipe directs to leach out some of its bitterness, or substitute Broccolini, if you prefer.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 285
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 20.4g
- Carbohydrate: 29.2g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 604mg
- Calcium: 115mg
- 3/4 pound broccoli rabe (rapini), cut into 4-inch pieces (about 1 bunch)
- 8 ounces uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced leek (about 2 large)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Cook broccoli rabe in boiling water in a large Dutch oven 2 minutes or until wilted. Remove broccoli rabe with a slotted spoon. Rinse under cold water; drain. Reserve 3/4 cup cooking liquid.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- 3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add leek to pan; cook 2 minutes or until wilted, stirring occasionally. Stir in pepper and garlic; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high. Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan; saute 4 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add 1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid; cook 5 minutes or until sausage is done. Add remaining 1/4 cup reserved cooking liquid, broccoli rabe, pasta, and rind to pan; toss to combine. Cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses and salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This