- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 2 cups fresh Sugar Snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup canned no-salt-added chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces sliced smoked salmon, cut into thin strips
- 12 ounces farfalle (bow tie pasta), uncooked
- calories 475
- caloriesfromfat 11 %
- fat 5.7 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- monofat 1.9 g
- polyfat 1.7 g
- protein 24.9 g
- carbohydrate 75 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 14 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 489 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add margarine. Place over medium-high heat until margarine melts. Add shallots; saute 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Add peas; saute 2 additional minutes. Stir in broth, vodka, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes.
Combine milk and flour, stirring until smooth. Add to vegetable mixture in skillet, and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in smoked salmon. Remove from heat; set aside, and keep warm.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well.
To serve, place pasta in a serving bowl; add salmon mixture, and toss lightly.