Farfalle with Sausage, Tomatoes and Cream
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) italian sweet sausage casings removed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup(s) chopped onion
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 can(s) 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup(s) whipping cream
- 1 pound(s) farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh basil packed
- grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat
- Add sausage and crushed red pepper. Saute until sausage is no longer pink, breaking into chunks, about 5 min.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cream. Reduce heat to low; simmer until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cool pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to same pot.
- Add sausage mixture to pasta; toss over medium heat, adding reserved cooking liquid by 1/4 cupfuls if dry. Transfer pasta to serving dish. Sprinkle with basil. Serve, passing cheese separately.
- 30 mins. prep time
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Bethh66 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note