Farfalle with Sausage, Tomatoes and Cream
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) italian sweet sausage casings removed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup(s) chopped onion
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 can(s) 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup(s) whipping cream
- 1 pound(s) farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh basil packed
- grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat
- Add sausage and crushed red pepper. Saute until sausage is no longer pink, breaking into chunks, about 5 min.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cream. Reduce heat to low; simmer until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cool pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to same pot.
- Add sausage mixture to pasta; toss over medium heat, adding reserved cooking liquid by 1/4 cupfuls if dry. Transfer pasta to serving dish. Sprinkle with basil. Serve, passing cheese separately.
- 30 mins. prep time
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Bethh66 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes