Farfalle With Prosciutto and Green Peas
Prep: 10 min., Cook: 25 min.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) box BARILLA Farfalle
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (3.5-ounce) packages prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook onion in hot olive oil in a large (3-inch-deep) skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add prosciutto and peas, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Stir in wine, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half. Stir in half-and-half and cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Toss hot cooked pasta with cream mixture. Stir in cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes