Farfalle With Chicken and Spinach
Prep: 15 min., Cook: 15 min. Enjoy this dish warm or chilled. Toss in crumbled bacon for added crunch. We preferred farfalle (bow tie-shaped pasta), but feel free to choose your favorite.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 (16-oz.) box farfalle pasta
- 1 pound skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (9-oz.) package fresh spinach, thoroughly washed and chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- While pasta cooks, cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Sauté chicken, onion, red bell pepper, and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in broth, spinach, and remaining salt and pepper. Cook 4 minutes or until spinach is wilted, chicken is done, and liquid is reduced by one-third.
- Add chicken mixture to hot pasta, tossing to combine. Transfer to a serving dish; sprinkle evenly with cheese and parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes