This is such a great and simple recipe. Abs delicious. I will def make this again.
Farfalle with Cauliflower and Turkey Sausage
Photo: Beau Gustafson; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 436
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 16.8g
- Saturated fat: 5.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 24.1g
- Carbohydrate: 48.2g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 830mg
- Calcium: 185mg
- 2 (4-ounce) links mild Italian turkey sausage
- 3 cups small cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 cups uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Pierce sausage several times with a knife. Combine sausage, cauliflower, and 1 tablespoon oil in a small roasting pan; toss. Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Add garlic to pan; toss. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until sausage is done. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut sausage crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- 3. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons pasta cooking water. Combine pasta, reserved cooking water, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and crushed red pepper in a large bowl; toss. Add cauliflower mixture, sausage, and cheese; toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with black pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note