- 8 ounces dried farfalle pasta (also called bow-tie or butterfly)
- 1 onion (8 oz.), chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup dry vermouth or dry white wine
- 1/3 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 12 ounces (51 to 60 per lb.) frozen peeled, deveined shrimp
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- calories 397
- caloriesfromfat 14 %
- protein 27 g
- fat 6.1 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- carbohydrate 53 g
- fiber 3.1 g
- sodium 491 mg
- cholesterol 129 mg
How to Make It
In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring 3 quarts water to a boil. Add pasta and stir occasionally until barely tender to bite, 9 to 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat, stir onion in oil until limp, 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and juice, vermouth, broth, capers, and thyme. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Add shrimp, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until barely opaque but still moist-looking in thickest part (cut to test), 3 to 4 minutes.
Drain pasta and return to 5- to 6-quart pan. Stir in shrimp mixture, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. (If pasta has cooled, stir over medium heat until hot.) Pour into a wide serving bowl or distribute evenly among plates.