Farfalle Salad with Sweet Italian Sausage
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 664
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 9g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 1mg
- 1 pound farfalle pasta
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 sweet Italian sausages (24 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 plum tomatoes (1 lb.), seeded, cored and chopped (3 cups)
- 1 red onion, chopped (1 1/3 cups)
- Parsley sprigs, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 12 minutes, or until al dente. Drain thoroughly and return to pot. Toss with 1 Tbsp. oil to prevent pasta from sticking.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove sausage from casings and add to skillet, breaking meat apart with a fork or spatula. Season with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper and cook until nicely browned and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Wipe any excess oil from pan.
- In same large skillet, heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil and garlic over medium-low heat until garlic just turns golden and oil is infused. Discard garlic. Add tomatoes, onion and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper. Cook over medium heat until just heated through, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and sausage to pasta and toss to combine. Serve garnished with parsley sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note