This is a good, solid recipe. I actually substituted tomato soup for the the tomato sauce because this dinner was made out of whatever-is-left-in-the-kitchen. It turned out great! I just waited to salt everything until it was on the table, because you never know with soups... always so salty... Also I made it with 12 oz of pasta and it seemed like it was the perfect sauce-to-pasta ratio
Farfalle in Cream Sauce With Sun-dried Tomatoes
BRAND WINNER RAGU
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 (16-oz.) package farfalle pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup RAGU Old World Style Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese (optional)
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions, using 1 to 2 tsp. salt in water, if desired. Set aside.
- 2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and shallots, and sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in vodka. Return to heat; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in broth, pasta sauce, and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Bring sauce to a low boil over medium heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 to 18 minutes. Stir in whipping cream, and cook 4 to 5 more minutes. Stir in hot cooked pasta.
- 4. Place pasta mixture in a large serving platter or bowl, and sprinkle with basil and, if desired, freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes