Farfalle with Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
If you have leftover chicken, put it to use in this pasta recipe. Feel free to add anything you have that sounds good to you.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 230
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 17.4g
- Carbohydrate: 25.7g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 209mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 8 ounces uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 2 tablespoons oil from sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 3/4 cups vertically sliced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1.3 ounces grated fresh Parmesan cheese (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- 2. While pasta cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sun-dried tomato oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add red pepper and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add mushrooms, salt, and black pepper; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Stir in pasta, chicken, and tomatoes. Reduce heat to low; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Add cheese and basil; toss gently.
- Kids Can Help: Teaching kids how to gather all their ingredients together before cooking is a great way to set good habits. They can collect everything while you start the pasta water.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes