- 8 ounces uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 2 tablespoons oil from sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 3/4 cups vertically sliced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1.3 ounces grated fresh Parmesan cheese (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- calories 230
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 6.5 g
- satfat 1.6 g
- monofat 3.4 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 17.4 g
- carbohydrate 25.7 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- cholesterol 33 mg
- iron 1.6 mg
- sodium 209 mg
- calcium 59 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
While pasta cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sun-dried tomato oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add red pepper and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add mushrooms, salt, and black pepper; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Stir in pasta, chicken, and tomatoes. Reduce heat to low; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Add cheese and basil; toss gently.
Kids Can Help: Teaching kids how to gather all their ingredients together before cooking is a great way to set good habits. They can collect everything while you start the pasta water.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.