Farfalle with Artichokes, Peppers, and Almonds
Ground almonds take the place of pasta's usual parmesan, making this a good vegan choice. Trim raw artichokes down to the very tender hearts and slice them quite thin, so they're crisp but not chewy.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 461
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Protein: 14g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 56g
- Fiber: 6.8g
- Sodium: 409mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Zest from 1/2 lemon and juice from 2 lemons, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- About 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 jar (16 oz.) roasted red bell peppers, rinsed and chopped
- 3/4 pound baby artichokes (about 5)
- 12 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup roasted almonds, coarsely ground, divided
- 1. Combine lemon zest and juice from 1 lemon in a large bowl with the garlic, pepper, 3/4 tsp. salt, the oil, and roasted peppers.
- 2. Put juice from remaining lemon in another large bowl, half full of water. Pull off and discard outer leaves from 1 artichoke at a time, down to tender, pale centers. Cut off and discard thorny tips, trim stems, and drop into lemon water.
- 3. Slice 1 artichoke at a time paper-thin lengthwise, using a mandoline or knife, and stir as cut into pepper mixture. Let stand about 30 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, cook pasta as package directs in a large pot of salted boiling water. Drain pasta, saving 1 cup pasta water. Toss pasta with pepper mixture, then with parsley and 1/2 cup almonds. Mix in a little pasta water if needed for a looser texture. Serve with remaining almonds and season with salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This