- Zest from 1/2 lemon and juice from 2 lemons, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- About 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 jar (16 oz.) roasted red bell peppers, rinsed and chopped
- 3/4 pound baby artichokes (about 5)
- 12 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup roasted almonds, coarsely ground, divided
- calories 461
- caloriesfromfat 43 %
- protein 14 g
- fat 23 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- carbohydrate 56 g
- fiber 6.8 g
- sodium 409 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Combine lemon zest and juice from 1 lemon in a large bowl with the garlic, pepper, 3/4 tsp. salt, the oil, and roasted peppers.
Put juice from remaining lemon in another large bowl, half full of water. Pull off and discard outer leaves from 1 artichoke at a time, down to tender, pale centers. Cut off and discard thorny tips, trim stems, and drop into lemon water.
Slice 1 artichoke at a time paper-thin lengthwise, using a mandoline or knife, and stir as cut into pepper mixture. Let stand about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta as package directs in a large pot of salted boiling water. Drain pasta, saving 1 cup pasta water. Toss pasta with pepper mixture, then with parsley and 1/2 cup almonds. Mix in a little pasta water if needed for a looser texture. Serve with remaining almonds and season with salt to taste.