I made this for a get-together and got rave reviews. I doubled the recipe and used brown rice rather than white. It is definitely a recipe I'll use again; my husband and his friends now crave it. It is awesome!!
Fantastic Foolproof Smokey Jambalaya
This easy jambalaya recipe is packed full of shrimp, sausage, chicken thighs, and smoked pork and has all the flavor you would expect in the classic Creole rice dish.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
- 1 cup peeled, uncooked, medium-size fresh or frozen WILD AMERICAN Shrimp
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 cup diced smoked sausage
- 1 cup cubed PILGRIM'S PRIDE Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 4 tablespoons CRISCO Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked MAHATMA Extra Long Grain White Rice
- 1 cup shredded smoked pork
- 2 (10 1/2-oz.) cans beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons ZATARAIN'S Creole Seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- Garnish: green onion tops
- 1. If frozen, thaw shrimp according to package directions. Devein, if desired, and set aside.
- 2. Cook onion and next 4 ingredients in hot oil in a 4-qt. cast iron Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 10 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned. Stir in rice and next 5 ingredients.
- 3. Bake, covered, at 325° for 50 minutes. (Do not remove lid or stir.)
- 4. Remove from oven, and stir in shrimp. Bake, covered, 10 more minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note