- 1 cup peeled, uncooked, medium-size fresh or frozen WILD AMERICAN Shrimp
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 cup diced smoked sausage
- 1 cup cubed PILGRIM'S PRIDE Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 4 tablespoons CRISCO Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked MAHATMA Extra Long Grain White Rice
- 1 cup shredded smoked pork
- 2 (10 1/2-oz.) cans beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons ZATARAIN'S Creole Seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- Garnish: green onion tops
How to Make It
If frozen, thaw shrimp according to package directions. Devein, if desired, and set aside.
Cook onion and next 4 ingredients in hot oil in a 4-qt. cast iron Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 10 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned. Stir in rice and next 5 ingredients.
Bake, covered, at 325° for 50 minutes. (Do not remove lid or stir.)
Remove from oven, and stir in shrimp. Bake, covered, 10 more minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Garnish, if desired.