Fannie Farmer's Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 (8 oz) package(s) Macaroni
- 4 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 4 tablespoon(s) Flour
- 1 cup(s) Milk
- 1 cup(s) Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- 2 cup(s) Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) Bread Crumbs Buttered
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook and drain macaroni according to package directions; set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt butter.
- Add flour mixed with salt and pepper, using a whisk to stir until well blended.
- Pour milk and cream in gradually; stirring constantly.
- Bring to boiling point and boil 2 minutes (stirring constantly).
- Reduce heat and cook (stirring constantly) 10 minutes.
- Add shredded cheddar little by little and simmer an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Turn off flame.
- Add macaroni to the saucepan and toss to coat with the cheese sauce.
- Transfer macaroni to a buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake 20 minutes until the top is golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by valpaca and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note