Fandango Fish Tacos
- 2 pounds whole fish, cleaned
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 1/2 (16-ounce) package cornstarch
- Vegetable oil
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- Roasted Habanero Salsa
- Salsa de Tomate Verde
- Crème fraîche or sour cream
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- Rinse fish, and pat dry. Cut 1/2-inch-deep vertical slits on each side, about 1 inch apart. Rub lime halves thoroughly on inside and outside of fish.
- Dredge fish in cornstarch; hold by the tail, and shake to remove excess.
- Pour oil to cover in a large skillet or roasting pan; heat to 350° over medium-high heat.
- Fry fish for 8 to 10 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer fish to a platter; arrange lettuce and next 3 ingredients around fish. Serve immediately with remaining ingredients.
- Note: We tested with red snapper, but you can substitute striped bass. Instead of frying, you can bake the whole fish for 40 minutes at 350º. Omit dredging fish in cornstarch.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This