Fancy Schmancy Steaks with Gorgonzola and Herbs
30 minutes my rear-end! Might have been born just PLAIN WHITE TRASH, but Fancy was my name.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 tenderloin steaks, about 1 1/4-inch thick
- 1 large clove of garlic cut in half
- 2 scallions, whites and greens
- 8-10 fresh sage leaves
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Rub each steak with the garlic clove halves.
- Lightly coat the steaks with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Chop the scallions, whites and greens. Thinly slice the sage and finely chop the parsley. Combine the scallions and herbs with the Gorgonzola crumbles.
- Put the steaks into an oven-safe skillet (high heat) and caramelize the meat on both sides, about 90 seconds per side.
- Turn off the oven.
- Top the meat with the Gorgonzola mixture and transfer the skillet to the oven. Let the meat sit in the hot oven 4-5 minutes. The Gorgonzola will melt down over the meat.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kristine1979 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fancy Schmancy Steaks with Gorgonzola and Herbs Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes