- 8 ounces uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 pt. cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-in. wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese
- calories 404
- fat 7.5 g
- satfat 2.1 g
- monofat 3.3 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 34 g
- carbohydrate 55 g
- fiber 10 g
- cholesterol 70 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 603 mg
- calcium 137 mg
- sugars 9 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
Preheat broiler. Line a jelly-roll pan with foil.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
While pasta cooks, combine oil, garlic, tomatoes, and onion on prepared pan; toss. Broil 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer mixture and any liquid from pan to a blender. Add 2 tablespoons basil and tomato paste; secure blender lid on blender. Remove center piece of blender lid; cover with a kitchen towel. Blend until smooth.
Drain pasta; return to pan. Stir in tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and chicken. Cook over medium heat until heated. Place spaghetti mixture on a serving platter. Chop remaining 2 tablespoons basil leaves. Sprinkle basil and Parmesan evenly over spaghetti.