Fall Salad with Nuts and Pomegranates
Photo: Shelly Strazis; Styling: Valerie Aikman-Smith
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 140
- Calories from fat: 71%
- Protein: 2.7g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 9.7g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sodium: 168mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 1/4 cups unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons roasted walnut oil, other nut oil, or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces salad mix (8 qts. lightly packed), including some arugula and radicchio
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1. Boil pomegranate juice in a medium saucepan until reduced to 3/4 cup, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool. Whisk in vinegar, oil, salt, thyme, and pepper.
- 2. Mix salad greens, chives, parsley, walnuts, and pomegranate seeds gently with dressing in a very large salad bowl (or 2 bowls).
- Make ahead: Dressing, up to 1 day, chilled.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads