Fall Potato Leaves
Photo: Jim Bathie; Styling: Rose Nguyen
More From Southern Living
- 1 large sweet potato (about 12 oz.)
- 1 large Yukon gold potato (about 8 oz.)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1. Cut potatoes into 1/8-inch-thick slices, placing slices in a large bowl of ice water as you work to prevent discoloration.
- 2. Cut potato slices into leaves, using assorted 2- to 3-inch leaf-shaped cutters. Return leaves to ice water until ready to use.
- 3. Drain potato leaves, and dry well with paper towels. Cook potato leaves, in batches, in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Season with salt to taste.
- Note: To make ahead, prepare recipe as directed; place cooked leaves in a single layer in a jelly-roll pan. Freeze on pan until firm, and transfer to a zip-top plastic freezer bag. To reheat, place leaves in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet. Preheat oven to 350°, and bake 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables