Falafel is a Middle Eastern specialty featuring fried patties made of ground garbanzo beans and spices. We pan-fried the patties and served them over greens for a main-dish salad.
Prep: 48 minutes; Cook: 7 minutes per batch
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 303
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 35.4g
- Fiber: 8.5g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 492mg
- Calcium: 211mg
- 1 (16-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 large garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 (10-ounce) bag chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped cucumber (about 2)
- 1 cup chopped tomato (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (about 4)
- Tahini Sauce
- 1. Process first 10 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Form mixture into 12 (2-inch) patties about 1/2-inch thick. Dredge patties in flour, shaking off excess.
- 2. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 6 patties; cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and patties.
- 3. Arrange lettuce, cucumber, tomato, and green onions on serving plates. Top servings with falafel patties. Drizzle each serving with Tahini Sauce.
- Note: Nutritional analysis totals include Tahini Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note