- 1 (16-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 large garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 (10-ounce) bag chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped cucumber (about 2)
- 1 cup chopped tomato (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (about 4)
- Tahini Sauce
- calories 303
- caloriesfromfat 39 %
- fat 13.2 g
- satfat 2 g
- protein 14 g
- carbohydrate 35.4 g
- fiber 8.5 g
- cholesterol 54 mg
- iron 3.8 mg
- sodium 492 mg
- calcium 211 mg
How to Make It
Process first 10 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Form mixture into 12 (2-inch) patties about 1/2-inch thick. Dredge patties in flour, shaking off excess.
Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 6 patties; cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and patties.
Arrange lettuce, cucumber, tomato, and green onions on serving plates. Top servings with falafel patties. Drizzle each serving with Tahini Sauce.
Note: Nutritional analysis totals include Tahini Sauce.