After reading reviews about this being bland, I added seasoning salt, cilantro and garlic and I still thought it was bland. The yogurt dressing tasted like it was missing something. Although these were really easy to make, I probably wouldn't make this again.
Falafel Pitas with Cucumber-Yogurt Dressing
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 280
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 11.4g
- Carbohydrate: 40.1g
- Fiber: 7.3g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 592mg
- Calcium: 81mg
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 (1-ounce) slice whole wheat bread, torn into pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (6-inch) whole wheat pitas, split
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup Cucumber-Yogurt Dressing
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a food processor; pulse 6 times or until well blended (mixture will be wet).
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spoon about 1/3 cup chickpea mixture per patty into pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Line each pita half with 1/4 cup arugula, add 1 patty to each pita half, and spoon 2 tablespoons Cucumber-Yogurt Dressing into each pita half.
- Note: Nutritional analysis includes Cucumber-Yogurt Dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note