Fajitas with Pico De Gallo
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 (1 1/2-pound) flank steaks
- 16 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Pico de Gallo
- Sour cream
- Baine's Guac
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
- Separate garlic bulb into cloves; peel and crush cloves.
- Combine garlic and next 6 ingredients in a shallow dish or large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add steak. Cover or seal, and chill 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak and vegetables from marinade; discard marinade.
- Coat vegetables with vegetable cooking spray. Place in a grill basket.
- Grill steak and vegetables, covered with grill lid, over high heat (400° to 500°) about 4 minutes on each side or until steak reaches the desired degree of doneness and vegetables are tender.
- Cut steak diagonally across the grain into very thin slices. Serve steak, bell peppers, and onion with tortillas, Pico de Gallo, sour cream, and Baine's Guac. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes