I'm probably at 2 stars on these, but DD and DH loved them...so that raises it up to a 3 star. I didn't have fajita seasoning and used taco seasoning instead. Maybe that was the problem. I just thought they were a little bland. I did serve them with tomato and red onion slices. The portion sizes are pretty big so I didn't need fries. A nice fruit salad was a perfect side dish.
Fajita Turkey Burgers
Put together these fajita-inspired turkey burgers for a speedy supper after a late-afternoon or early-evening workout. Use prechopped onion and bell pepper, if you prefer, so the burgers come together even more quickly. Garnish with fresh lettuce, tomato, and red onion, if desired.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 349
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 30.4g
- Carbohydrate: 34.5g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 876mg
- Calcium: 110mg
- 1/4 cup bottled tomatillo salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped avocado
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 (1-ounce) slices white bread
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg white
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- Combine tomatillo salsa, chopped avocado, and cilantro; set aside.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until crumbs measure 1 cup.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and bell peppers; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon fajita seasoning and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cool.
- Combine breadcrumbs, onion mixture, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons fajita seasoning, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, tomato paste, turkey, and egg white in a large bowl. Using damp hands, divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 3/4-inch-thick patty. Heat pan over medium heat. Recoat pan with cooking spray. Add patties; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun. Top each serving with 1 1/2 tablespoons salsa mixture; top with remaining halves of buns.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note