- 1/4 cup bottled tomatillo salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped avocado
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 (1-ounce) slices white bread
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg white
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- calories 349
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 11.5 g
- satfat 3.1 g
- monofat 1 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 30.4 g
- carbohydrate 34.5 g
- fiber 4.6 g
- cholesterol 71 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 876 mg
- calcium 110 mg
How to Make It
Combine tomatillo salsa, chopped avocado, and cilantro; set aside.
Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until crumbs measure 1 cup.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and bell peppers; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon fajita seasoning and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cool.
Combine breadcrumbs, onion mixture, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons fajita seasoning, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, tomato paste, turkey, and egg white in a large bowl. Using damp hands, divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 3/4-inch-thick patty. Heat pan over medium heat. Recoat pan with cooking spray. Add patties; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun. Top each serving with 1 1/2 tablespoons salsa mixture; top with remaining halves of buns.