- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 20 crackers)
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- Tartar sauce (optional)
How to Make It
Stir together first 5 ingredients; fold in crabmeat and saltines. Let stand 3 minutes.
Shape mixture into 8 patties. Place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet; cover and chill 1 hour.
Fry crab cakes, in batches, in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve with tartar sauce, if desired.
Note: To sauté crab cakes, cook in 3 tablespoons butter or oil in a large nonstick skillet 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden.