I prefer to leave off the breadcrumbs because I am not a fan, but overall a very good cold night meal.
Fabulous Tuna-Noodle Casserole
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 small red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (9-ounce) cans solid white tuna in spring water, drained and flaked
- 1 (12-ounce) package egg noodles, cooked
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms, and saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Whisk together flour and milk until smooth; stir into vegetable mixture, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until melted.
- Stir in tuna and next 4 ingredients; spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Stir together breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons melted butter; sprinkle over casserole, and bake 5 more minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note