Eye of Round Roast with Pan Juices
This easy roast comes together quickly thanks to a superfast pan sauce made from two ingredients.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 261
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 45g
- Carbohydrate: 1g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Sodium: 324mg
- 1 eye of round roast, about 3 1/2 lb., trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Season roast all over with salt and pepper.
- 2. Oil a roasting rack and place it in a roasting pan just large enough to hold the beef.
- 3. Warm oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook, turning often, until lightly browned all over, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to rack and roast until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 125°F for medium-rare, 50 to 55 minutes. Remove roast to a cutting board, tent with foil and allow to rest 10 minutes.
- 4. Place roasting pan on stove over medium-high heat. Pour in wine and cook, stirring to pick any browned bits on bottom of pan, until liquid has reduced slightly, about 3 minutes. Pour in broth, increase heat to high and boil until thickened and syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- 5. Slice roast against grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange on a platter and spoon over some of juices. Serve additional juices on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note