Eye of Newt
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 eggs
- 1 tablespoon(s) sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 1 pinch(s) celery salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) prepared yellow mustard
- 2 drop(s) green food coloring, or as needed
- 6 oz. can(s) sliced black olives, drained
- 1. Place all of the eggs into a large pot so they can rest on the bottom in a single layer.
- 2. Fill with just enough cold water to cover the eggs.
- 3. Bring to a boil, then cover, remove from the heat and let stand for about 15 minutes.
- 4. Rinse under cold water or add some ice to the water and let the eggs cool completely.
- 5. Peel and slice in half lengthwise.
- 6. Remove the yolks from the eggs and place them in a bowl.
- 7. Mix in the relish, mayonnaise, celery salt, mustard, and food coloring.
- 8. Spoon this filling into the egg whites and place them on a serving tray.
- 9. Round the top of the filling using the spoon.
- 10. Place an olive slice on each yolk to create the center of the eye.
- 1. Dab a tiny bit of mayonnaise in the center of the olive as a finishing touch.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Eye of Newt Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers