Extravagonzo Double Decadent Chocolate Brownies
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 box(es) brownie mix
- 3 bar(s) 7-oz chocolate bars (I use Hershey's Special Dark 4" x 7 Â½" size)
- 1 navel orange (organic is best)
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon(s) cinnimon
- Extravagonzo Blood Orange Olive Oil
- * Grate the peel from the orange, using a grater with 1/8" holes, set aside
- * Make one of the batches of brownie mix according to the instructions on the package, substituting Extravagonzo Blood Orange Culinary Oil for the oil suggested in mix; if mix does not call for oil, add approx 1-2 tablespoons to each batch
- * Add the cinnamon to the dry ingredients; the key to the amount of cinnamon to use is to put in just enough to add the flavor of cinnamon in the background, without overpowering the flavor
- * Spread this batch in the bottom of a 13" x 9 1/2" greased baking pan
- * Remove wrapping from the chocolate bars and lay them in side by side on top of the first batch of brownie mix
- * Make the second batch of brownie mix, adding the orange peel to the dry ingredients, and again sub-ing the Extravagonzo Orange for the oil suggested in the mix
- * Spread this second batch of brownie mix on top of the chocolate bars
- * Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 50 minutes +/-, time adjust depending upon the nature of the baking dish (if bread pan type, less time, if glass, more, etc)
- Cool and refrigerate for about an hour after cooled.
- With sharp knife, cut the brownies into 1" or smaller squares; this is very rich, so small squares are a good thing.
- I like to cut the edges off, which are usually quite crispy/crunchy, and set them aside in my freezer for consumption at times when I'm in need of a chocolate grin.
- When berry season comes around, you can add fresh berries to the second batch (top layer) and see how that adds to the decadence!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by foodyextra and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Extravagonzo Double Decadent Chocolate Brownies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts