Extra-Juicy Pork Chops
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 416
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 110mg
- Sodium: 104mg
- 4 (1-inch-thick) pork chops (10 oz. each)
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup dry white wine or water
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Season both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Add pork chops, reduce heat to medium and cook, turning once, until nicely browned and juices run clear, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Pour off extra grease from pan. Put onion in same pan and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in wine and thyme. Increase heat to medium-high and bring liquid to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Stir in sugar. Add butter and any accumulated juices from pork and stir to combine.
- Serve pork chops with onions and pan juices spooned on top. Serve with a green vegetable and bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note