Great, easy recipe. I am NOT a good cook, and even I was able to make this. Delicious!
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Jan Gautro, Laura Martin
When we say easy lasagna, we mean easy lasagna. You don't even have to cook the noodles for this speedy yet impressive pasta dinner.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 cups tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Cook beef in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta sauce.
- Spread one-third of meat sauce in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish; layer with 3 noodles and half each of ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese. (The ricotta cheese layers will be thin.) Repeat procedure; spread remaining one-third of meat sauce over mozzarella cheese. Slowly pour 1/4 cup hot water around inside edge of dish. Tightly cover baking dish with 2 layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375° for 45 minutes; uncover and bake 10 more minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Classico Tomato & Basil pasta sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles