Delicious!! Everyone was enjoying it even before it went in the oven to bake. I did leave out the bell pepper and used dried onion flakes because of time. Served the dip with a variety of crackers. Several asked for the recipe that night.
Extra-Creamy Dried Beef Dip
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (2-ounce) jars dried beef, chopped
- 1 green or red bell pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Assorted crackers or bagel chips
- Beat first 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended; stir in beef, bell pepper, and onion. Spoon into a 2 1/2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Serve immediately with crackers or bagel chips.
- Extra-Creamy Smoked Salmon Dip: Substitute 4 ounces smoked salmon for dried beef, dried chives for finely chopped onion, and add 1/4 teaspoon salt to mixture. Omit chopped pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Dips/Spreads