Very cheesy and creamy tasting!....I did have one child that said it was too cheesy!! I never thought I would hear that from a child of mine I cooked it my middle size approx 3qt crock and it turned out good..the outside was a bit crunchy but, I think that maybe because my crock is old. We also used bowtie pasta which the kids love the look of it. Same taste, just looks different..... The only thing I would do different is stir it halfway through besides, that it was a hit will all the kids except one. An extremely nice change from the box mac n cheese. We will make this again.
Extra-Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Italian three-cheese blend
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces small shell pasta (about 2 1/4 cups), uncooked
- Combine cheeses in a bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together eggs and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in pasta and 3 cups cheese mixture. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 3-quart slow cooker; sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours. Sprinkle servings evenly with remaining cheese mixture.
- No Precook: The best part of this simple recipe is that you don't have to precook the pasta!
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables