These were the most amazing grilled cheese sandwiches I have ever had! I will never make them any other way again. Thank you whoever for sharing this recipe with us!
Extra Cheesy Grilled Cheese
Love grilled cheese sandwiches? Then this recipe is for you. Spread a mixture of butter and grated Parmesan cheese on slices of Italian bread, then top with high-quality provolone and mozzarella.
More From Southern Living
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 Italian bread slices
- 4 (3/4-oz.) provolone cheese slices
- 4 (3/4-oz.) mozzarella cheese slices
- 1. Stir together butter and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- 2. Spread 1 1/2 tsp. butter mixture on 1 side of each bread slice. Place 4 bread slices, buttered sides down, on wax paper. Top with provolone and mozzarella cheeses; top with remaining bread slices, buttered sides up.
- 3. Cook sandwiches, in batches, on a hot griddle or in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, gently pressing with a spatula, 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note