Greatest. Grilled Cheese. Sandwich. EVER!!! Had it twice already. Once with soup, and once on its own. PERFECT!
Extra Cheesy Grilled Cheese
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
More From Southern Living
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 Italian bread slices
- 4 (3/4-oz.) provolone cheese slices
- 4 (3/4-oz.) mozzarella cheese slices
- 1. Stir together butter and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- 2. Spread 1 1/2 tsp. butter mixture on 1 side of each bread slice. Place 4 bread slices, buttered sides down, on wax paper. Top with provolone and mozzarella cheeses; top with remaining bread slices, buttered sides up.
- 3. Cook sandwiches, in batches, on a hot griddle or in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, gently pressing with a spatula, 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note