- 1/2 cup (1-inch) sliced asparagus
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh mozzarella or Asiago cheese
- 2 grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- calories 278
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 8.9 g
- satfat 3.7 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 29.5 g
- carbohydrate 18.7 g
- fiber 5.8 g
- cholesterol 224 mg
- iron 3.1 mg
- sodium 749 mg
- calcium 193 mg
How to Make It
Place the sliced asparagus in a small microwave safe bowl; cover. Microwave at high 20 seconds.
Combine milk and next 4 ingredients (milk through egg), stirring with a whisk.
Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add beans and onion; sauté 30 seconds. Add egg mixture; reduce heat to medium, and cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle the asparagus and basil evenly over egg mixture, and cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle with cheese.
Wrap handle of pan with foil. Broil for 4 minutes or until top is set and cheese melts. Sprinkle with tomatoes.